This program is a partnership with the Labourers’ Local 625 Training Trust and the Government of Ontario.
To achieve Cement Finisher (CCF) certification, students will participate in a rigorous Apprenticeship Program over a period of twenty-eight months with the emphasis on health and safety, theoretical knowledge, craftsmanship, diverse skills training and in-field training alongside contractors and LIUNA Members. Graduates will be in high demand for employment with signatory contractors who are industry leaders in building world-class infrastructure and buildings.
Our training programs, state-of-the-art facilities and senior-level training team are highly regarded by partners such as the Government of Ontario, Ontario College of Trades, Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU), the Industrial, Commercial, Institutional sector (ICI), Heavy Construction Association, Windsor Construction Association and Workforce Windsor-Essex.
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government
of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
DURATION: 28 Months
- 16 Weeks: Full-Time, In-School
- 24 Months: On-The-Job Work Placement
CLASS SIZE: 18 students
- Tuition costs are covered
- In-school portion of the program is NOT eligible for Employment Insurance
- Students are responsible for all Personal living expenses during the program
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (G or G2)
- Grade 10 Education (Transcripts Required)
- Work Experience (Construction experience a definite asset)
- Eagerness to develop new skills and show initiative
- Physically fit & able to work outdoors year-round
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to work as a team member and/or independently
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Well-organized. Punctual. Reliable
- Qualified applicants will be scheduled for the Math/Literacy
- Top scorers will be invited back for a One-on-One interview.
- Finalists will be selected and contacted for a practical assessment.
- Hours of training may vary due to weather or type of project to be completed such as placing and finishing concrete. When possible, students will be advised in advance of any such change in hours.
- Students are encouraged to come prepared each day for both in-class training and practical training held in a workshop setting and/or outdoors in various weather conditions (rain, cold, heat, etc.).
- Students are encouraged to arrive each day with a suitable lunch.
- Students will be provided with a CSA approved hard hat, safety boots, tools, and other personal protective equipment. You MUST have these items at all times during training.
- Students MUST become familiar with, and abide by, the Safety and Attendance Policy.
IF YOU MEET ALL MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
APPLY NOW FOR APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING
Note: You will be required to upload legible copies of the following:
- Explain how you will support yourself during the full 16 weeks of in-school training
- A brief outline of your work history
- List any skills you have gained related to trades or construction work
- Resume if available
- O.S.S.D. Grade 10 (or higher) Transcript
- G or G2 valid Driver’s License
CEMENT FINISHER APPRENTICESHIP
CF Level I
- 8 Weeks: Training
- 24 Months: On-Site Work Placement
- History and Scope of Cement (Concrete) Finisher Trade
- Communications and Presentation
- Trade Calculations and Quantities
- Pictorial Drawings and Layout Tools
- Construction Safety
- Hand Tools
- Power Tools and Equipment
- Concrete Technology
- Site Presentation
CF Level II
- 8 Weeks: Training
- 1 Week: Red Seal Review
- Place and Level Concrete
- Finish Concrete
- Concrete Curing and Protection
- Cut Concrete
- Repair and Resurface Concrete
- Specialty Concrete
- Architectural Finishes
- Introduction to Epoxy Systems
RED SEAL CERTIFICATION
- 1 Week Review
To achieve Red Seal Certification graduates must achieve a 70% grade in all curriculum reportable subjects.
Click here to learn more about Red Seal and sample test questions.