Successful completion of the Cement Finisher Level I and Level II programs will enable registered apprentices to pursue the prestigious Red Seal Certificate examination.
Here Are The Requirements That Must Be Met:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (G or G2)
- Grade 10 Education (Transcripts Required)
- Work Experience (Construction experience a definite asset)
- Eagerness to develop new skills and show initiative
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Physically fit & able to work outdoors year-round
- Ability to work as a team member and/or independently
- Well-organized. Punctual. Reliable.
If You Meet All The Requirements Above Apply Now:
- Click OPTION 1 or 2 below to Submit the ONLINE Application Form. Qualified applicants will be scheduled for the assessment.
- Successfully complete the Math/Literacy assessment. Top scorers will be invited back for an interview.
- Complete a One-on-One interview. Finalists will be selected and contacted for a practical assessment.
CF Level I
- 8 Weeks: Training
- 24 Months: On-Site Work Placement
- History and Scope of Cement (Concrete) Finisher Trade
- Communications and Presentation
- Trade Calculations and Quantities
- Pictorial Drawings and Layout Tools
- Construction Safety
- Hand Tools
- Power Tools and Equipment
- Concrete Technology
- Site Presentation
CF Level II
- 8 Weeks: Training
- 1 Week: Red Seal Review
- Place and Level Concrete
- Finish Concrete
- Concrete Curing and Protection
- Cut Concrete
- Repair and Resurface Concrete
- Specialty Concrete
- Architectural Finishes
- Introduction to Epoxy Systems
RED SEAL CERTIFICATION
- 1 Week Review
To achieve Red Seal Certification graduates must achieve a 70% grade in all curriculum reportable subjects.
Click here to learn more about Red Seal and sample test questions.
GET YOUR CAREER IN GEAR.
APPLY FOR CEMENT FINISHER TRAINING NOW!
Complete the information below. Fax, or scan and e-mail legible copies of the following:
- Cover Letter: Provide a brief outline of your work history and any skills related to trades or construction work. Note: Unemployment assistance is available for the 8 week classroom training for eligible students.
Include a resume if available.
- G2 Valid Driver’s License
- O.S.S.D. Grade 10 Transcript
Fax, or scan legible copies and e-mail to: